1. Improve mental acuteness
2. Improve resistance to sickness and disease
3. Cause to higher energy levels
4. Cause to a more robust defense system
5. Cause to faster recovery times
6. And better management of serious wellness problems.
Why people don't eat properly in old age
1. Slowly metabolism: the metabolic rate of one's human body program begins reducing down after the age of 40. So consuming the same quantities and types of meals that a individual ate in his young age is not possible. And even if a individual does he/she tends to put on weight.
2. Lack of flavor and appetite: with age a individuals sense of flavor decreases. So the individual either selects to take his/her meals more or doesn't experience like consuming. And the hunger is also lost with time because of the slow metabolic rate.
3. Inappropriate digestion: in the process of getting an older a lot of changes take place in the intestinal tract. As a result of which a individual produces less quantity of spit and intestinal acids. This makes it difficult for one's human body to process certain nutritional supplements. And hence leading to gas.
4. Health issues: sometimes drugs and sickness also have a negative impact on the hunger. A individual should talk to his doctor to get over this problem.
5. Low action level: with old age exercising stage begins coming down. Elderly people often cut back on action for actual and medical factors. And when one's human body doesn't exercise it doesn't experience hunger.
6. Emotional reasons: solitude and depression can also impact a individuals hunger and the meals. Sometimes seniors don't eat just because they don't want to eat alone. Suffering from depression also results in hunger reduction and sometimes it results in unnecessary eating.
Senior people need to get over all these issues to have a good and healthy and golden old age. Some help from the close relatives and a good doctor can help the mature come out of these issues. These days even Older day care companies arrange for services like cooking, taking out to meals and provide company.
The proper diet of old age must have
1. Minimal quantity of sodium (salt) to help avoid bloating and hypertension.
2. Decreased fat consumption to keep healthy and healthy cholesterol levels
3. More quantity of calcium and vitamin D for bone health
4. More fiber-rich foods(roughage like fruits, soups etc) to avoid constipation
5. Decreased consumption of sugar and dry foods
6. Must contain the recommended quantity of important natural vitamins and minerals
7. Increased water intake
8. Regular actual activity